Masterclass with Pip Edwards: Total of 6 classes
Cost of Course: $250.00
Tickets and registration: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/120491771131
Tuesday 6 October
Tuesday 13 October
Tuesday 20 October
Tuesday 27 October
Tuesday 3 November
Tuesday 10 November
*Each class takes place between 10am-12pm AEST LIVE via ZOOM. Course outline and ZOOM setup confirmed upon registration
Pip Edwards is a professional actor, filmmaker, acting/career coach, and entrepreneur.
As an actor, Pip’s television credits include Dr Anna Griffin on Home & Away, Les Norton, Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, ANZAC Girls, Wonderland and Forever Young. Her film credits include A Few Less Men, by Dean Craig (Death at a Funeral), Little Black Dress, Who’s That Boy, upcoming feature film June Again with Noni Hazlehurst, as well as numerous short films and TVCs.
Theatre credits include Abigail’s Party and Ghosts with The Melbourne Theatre Company, and with directors including Kip Williams, Imara Savage, Stephen Nicolazzo, Gale Edwards and Declan Greene. Voice work includes audiobooks such as Riptides.
Pip runs a private coaching studio Pip Edwards Creative, where she coaches and mentors actors for auditions, screen-tests, and business/career/mindset coaching. Through her selftape studio, she has coached and filmed numerous actors towards booking roles in Australian and American Film and Television. She has also coached actors towards booking roles in professional theatre, on monologues to get into drama school, and in ‘business success’ (such as ‘getting an agent’). She has directed numerous actor’s showreels and self tape showreels.
Pip has taught extensively throughout Australia, at schools such as NIDA, Actors Centre, SAS, Sydney Film School, HUB, Stagemilk, and for MEAA to name a few. Pip studied a Bachelor of Dramatic Arts at NIDA and Bachelor of Creative Arts (Filmmaking/Arts Management/Law) at Melbourne University. She has extensive training in both Australia and the US, including with coaches such as Ivana Chubbuck, Larry Moss, and at Upright Citizens Brigade in Los Angeles.
Course Duration: Every Tuesday morning 6 October – 10 November
Time: 10am-12pm AEST
“Master the technical skill of shooting an impressive self-tape”
1. Learn how to achieve acceptable sound, lighting, framing and editing at home, and explore how to make your performance pop without breaking the bank.
2. Playback of TVC self-tapes in class. Feedback on both your technical set-up and performance notes. Discuss your ‘home studio’, and how to utilise your space and equipment most effectively. Explore the ‘chat to camera’, and tools to overcome ‘slate-anxiety’. Learn script-analysis techniques specific to self-taping, including rehearsing in isolation, filming without a casting director or coach present, and using non-actor readers or having no reader at all.
3. Playback of ‘simple-scene’ self-tapes in class. Tying exercise part 2: How may your essence be perceived in your ‘simple scene’ self-tape
4. Playback of chosen scene 1 self-tape in class Workshop chosen scene 2 in class
5. Playback of shoot chosen scene 2 in class Follow-up discussion and preparation for Industry Guest viewing
6. Playback of preferred self-tape scene with Industry Guest and feedback by Industry Guest, Q&A with Industry Guest
ACA ONLINE MASTERCLASSES
LIVE VIA ZOOM
“We are excited to partner with one of Australia’s leading performing arts learning institutions, Actors Centre Australia and share the passion and experience of these outstanding directors and creative leaders’ insights and teachings. The program offers a comprehensive learning opportunity on acting through the lens of this diverse and exciting talented group of directors.” – Diana Burnett, Australian Directors Guild
Masterclass: Acting For Camera
When: 29 September – 17 November 2020
Every Thursday evening between 7-9pm AEST
Masterclass: Writing for Film and Theatre
When: 7 October – 11 November 2020
Every Wednesday evening between 7-9pm AEST
Masterclass: The Art of the Drama School Audition
When: 28 September – 16 November 2020
Every Monday Evening between 7-9pm AEST
Masterclass: Acting 101: The Foundations of Acting
When: 2 October – 23 October 2020
Every Friday Evening between 4-6pm AEST