The Accessible Acting Program was developed through a collaboration between award winning inclusive filmmaking organisation Bus Stop Films and Actors Centre Australia. This 20-week acting program for adults with disability has been co-designed with leading industry tutors and actors, including those with disability.
As a participant you will have the ability and avenue to share your own stories that represent your life. We believe that through this program you can act to educate and encourage understanding from the wider public while also changing industry perceptions and show the true power of authentic representation.
Through the program you will gain the following outcomes:
- Improved fundamental acting skills
- Building a foundation and pathway for further study
- Increasing employment opportunities and career prospects in the entertainment industry
- Increase your self-confidence
- Build and develop friendships and connections to like-minded individuals
- Build your communication and listening skills
- Improved social and community participation
- Memorisation, comprehension, and literacy skills
- Independence and problem-solving skills
Whilst this program is designed to provide you with the skills ACA cannot guarantee employment outcomes.
Your final performance
As part of your participation in the program you will work with your fellow actors and acting tutors to create a filmed self-tape for your showreel and participate in an end of program live performance. The final live performance will be at the conclusion of the 20-week program.
NDIS Letter. Click here to download
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST. Click here to register